Obama's Tax Plan
For all of the talk about John Edwards being the poverty guy in this campaign, Obama's new tax plan is a brilliant move. First of all, it relies on tax cuts rather than government programs to help the poor, which is the best way to gain bipartisan support. Second, it also proposes an innovative idea that I've long favored: having the IRS fill out our tax returns. It will especially help the poor and elderly, but eventually the concept could be extended to having the IRS fill out the tax returns of anybody who wants it. It's the kind of idea that doesn't show up in the government's bottom line much, but it would save millions of man-hours wasted on filling out tax returns.
- The Lobbyist Myth Today's Boston Globe has anothe...
- Obama's Tax Plan For all of the talk about John E...
- Alan Keyes, to Kick Around Again Alan Keyes is ru...
- The Obama Interview Hoax and the Curious Story of ...
- Obama and the Israel Question This may be the mos...
- The Meaning of Negative Politics The Clinton camp...
- ▼ September (6)
- John K. Wilson
- Author of "The Most Dangerous Man in America: Rush Limbaugh's Assault on Reason," (limbaughbook.com). Also the author of "Barack Obama: This Improbable Quest" and "President Barack Obama: A More Perfect Union (www.obamapolitics.com), along with "Patriotic Correctness: Academic Freedom and Its Enemies" (www.collegefreedom.org) and "Newt Gingrich: Capitol Crimes and Misdemeanors".